Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Powderfinger - Vulture Street

Vulture Street was released on July 4, 2003. The album, recorded in January and February 2003, was named after a street in West End, Queensland, which as the location of the band's first recording room. The album was described by critics as "a rawer, louder, but by no means unrefined, album", and that it featured guitarists Middleton and Haug dominating in a way they have not since their 1994 debut. Simon Evans of musicOMH.com described the band as having "opted for a visceral live feel, adding a real punch to songs".Four singles were released from Vulture Street; "(Baby I've Got You) On My Mind","Since You've Been Gone", Love Your Way", and "Sunsets". Like earlier Powderfinger albums, Vulture Street won several ARIA Awards; in 2003, it won "Album of the Year", "Best Group", "Best Rock Album", and "Best Cover Art" Several songs on the album were also nominated for awards, in 2003 and 2004.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ew0wdn5ecvo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, this is great, thank you! Listened to the "Internationalist" album last night, it was very good indeed, so I'm really looking forward to hearing this one.
I listened to a lot of Aus rock in the 80's - Died pretty, New Christs, Gurus etc - but after that I lost touch with the music on your side of the planet, so I'm glad to find that you kept your feeling for good rock.

bruce said...

Hi Hank, glad to see people are liking my music..had over 400 downloads in 3 days. I've got over 200 gigabytes so there's much more to come...any requests and I'll look around

cheers b

Pete said...

Thanks for your blog bruce
hope the "Powderfinger - Vulture Street"
link can be reignited - a great album